Tag overview for: 'cpu'
Entries on this site with 'cpu'
- Introducing Tianhe-1A: 4702 TFLOPS of GPU Power. Made in China. (And New World's Fastest Supercomputer).
Today at HPC 2010 China, the GPU-based Tianhe-1A was revealed and introduced as the new world's fastest supercomputer. Many news sites fail to give complete specifications
- node.js Internals and Powerful Non-blocking I/O Libraries
I have always been a big proponent of non-blocking, or asynchronous I/O and longed for more libraries and APIs to support this paradigm to allow implementing scalable appl
- AMD Bulldozer and Oracle SPARC T3: Same Beefed-up SMT Microarchitectures
Here is an insightful technical post on the new SPARC T3 processor from Joerg Moellenkamp (16 cores and 128 threads on 1 socket). Oracle just announced 1-, 2-, and 4-socke
- Intel's Sandy Bridge to Deliver 2% of AMD's Top Graphics Performance
Pardon the obnoxious title of this post, but here is something I want to share, and I feel it is necessary to disperse some absurd ideas going around. Intel's next generat
- Specs of the Best Android Phones
If I were to rank the best Android phones —I favor CPU speed, unit weight, and have 512MB RAM minimum as a requirement— my list would be: Samsung Galaxy S , 1GHz Hummingbi
- Intel Feature Fragmentation
Intel randomly enabling and disabling features across their processor lines drives me crazy. I want to upgrade my fanless Panasonic R3 subnetbook —based on a Pentium M 1.2
- Debunking Intel's Attempt to Debunk the GPU Performance Myth
In a technical paper published on June 23, 2010, at the International Symposium on Computer Architecture (ISCA) in Saint-Malo, France, Debunking the 100X GPU vs. CPU myth
- Looking at 6-, 8-, and 12-core Processors
As someone doing research in cryptographic brute force attacks, which are embarrasingly parallel workloads, I keep an interested eye on the latest advances in multi-core p
Related tagsamd, hardware, intel, processor
External feeds for 'cpu'
Click icon for a list of links on 'cpu'